This is an opportunity to acknowledge dedicated social workers who have made a real difference to the lives of Western Australians. It also demonstrates to the wider community how the profession of social work makes such a positive contribution to our society.
Anyone can nominate a social worker for an award.
You can nominate more than one person for the same Award and the same person can be nominated for more than one Award.
Previous Award winners can not be nominated for the same category in which they won their Award.
The nominator of each finalist will receive a gift voucher and a complimentary ticket to the Awards Ceremony.
To be nominated a social worker must agree to the “conditions of entry” and meet the criteria as set out in the particular Award category.
The nominee can have any job title, including Social Worker.
They could work in any relevant field and use a range of methods including individual, family, group or community work; policy and planning; management and administration; research and education.
The Award partners want to acknowledge social workers who have made significant contributions to the community and their profession, so nominations are welcome for quiet achievers as well as “not‐so‐quiet” achievers.
Once you have decided who to nominate for an Award:
Click here to download the Nomination Guidelines.
Click on the Award Categories and Forms menu to the right to find each specific Award nomination form.
You might want to take a look at our sample nomination. The example we have chosen is for the Agent of Change Award and sets out to give a brief idea of what the judges will be looking for. Our inserts are in red. We haven't made full use of our word limit in the example but strongly suggest you provide us with as much information as possible within that limit and with direct relevance to the criteria.
1. All nominees must be eligible for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers. If there is doubt as to a nominee’s eligibility please contact the Awards Secretariat to discuss.
2. All nominees must agree to being nominated and must sign/email in the declaration in the nomination form in order for a nomination to be valid.
3. Nominees who have had a substantiated breach of ethics from the AASW Code of Ethics or the Code of Ethics of a similar professional body or had disciplinary proceedings of an ethical nature brought against them may be disqualified from receiving an Award. Check with the Awards Secretariat if in doubt.
4. All nominees, excepting those for the ‘Rising Star Award’ must have been practising as a social worker in Western Australia for a minimum of two years. Nominees for the “Rising Star Award” need to have been practicing or studying in Western Australia for a minimum of two years.
5. All nominees and nominators must abide by the decision of the judging panel and no appeals will be entered into. All decisions relating to the selection of the Awards’ finalists and winners are final. In addition, the organisers of the event reserve the right to bestow no Award for any category.
6. In the event of a draw for an Award, the prize money will be shared with each winner, and separate trophies issued.
7. Completed nomination forms and documents need to be received (or post marked) by 1 August 2012. Nominations will not be accepted after this date unless dates are extended by the Awards’ Organising Committee.
8. Nomination forms must be legible, complete and signed or emailed notification by the nominee and nominator. Incomplete or illegible nomination forms may not be accepted.
9. All finalists will supply a print quality photograph and must agree to participate in media and other publicity associated with the Awards.
10. Self-nomination is not permitted for any of the Award categories.
11. Finalists from rural and remote locations may be eligible for accommodation and transport subsidies to attend the Awards Ceremony on the 5th November, 2012. These subsidies will not be available for nominators or guests of finalists. Please contact the Awards Secretariat for more details.
12. In the event you wish to nominate a deceased social worker for one of the Awards then please contact the Awards Secretariat for more information.